Proton Technologies, Inc. is an IT services company that provides IT support and amazing customer service to over 400 auto-dealership clients across the country. We prioritize client relationships and enjoy the personal level of attention we give them. We are not the normal "ticket, ticket, ticket" IT support shop. Proton likes to keep the stress level low, the fun level high, and the quality of life excellent for our team. IT Support is a commodity, AMAZING service is not!
Currently, Proton has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Tier 2 Collaboration Technician to join our Headquarters in Raleigh, NC. Under the direction of the Help Desk Manager, the Collaboration Technician is responsible for assisting our Service Desk Technicians with higher-level tickets, immediate troubleshooting, and top priority client issues. Through both virtual and in-person communication with employees and clients needing ticketing assistance, the Collaboration Technician must have troubleshooting experience and a passion for technical problem-solving.
Primary Responsibilities of the Collaboration Technician:
- Resolve and close high level tickets that our Service Desk does not handle.
- Available as remote escalation support to multiple internal Proton departments (Service, Dispatch, Projects, etc). These requests usually originate in “Collaboration”, an internal communication channel in Slack.
- Review aged ticket reports in the ticketing system and assist in solving those tickets.
- Work with other teams to provide feedback for needed training.
- Identify repeat support tickets from clients and provide recommendations on how to drive down reactive support issues. (Training, software, policy, etc).
- Provide white glove service to clients as needed.
- Assist with large scale project implementations or any other special projects needed to deliver a higher level of service to our clients.
- Take ownership of critical system issues affecting multiple departments or clients.
- Must have at least 3-4 years of IT experience in a managed services environment or similar setting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Platforms as well as Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL Server and Exchange Server
- Support of Online and local Backup Solutions
- End user support: Microsoft Windows, desktop and mobile device troubleshooting
- Spam filtering technologies as well as email/spam troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting complex TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
- Solid understanding of Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer) Basic understanding of Storage Area Networks (NetApp, EqualLogic, EMC)
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills (must be able to professionally communicate in a technical and non-technical manner to clients).
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness towards all projects.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Attention to detail, creating a high degree of quality over quantity.
- Ability to perform multiple technical tasks at one time (take multiple calls, send emails, perform remote sessions with clients, etc.) and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments, with great attention to detail.
Sounds like a good fit? Apply today!
Reynolds and Reynolds promotes a healthy lifestyle by providing a non-smoking environment. We also encourage applicants of all ages and experience to apply as we do not discriminate on the basis of age.