Proton Technologies, Inc. is an IT services company that provides IT support and amazing customer service to over 200 auto-dealership clients across the country. We prioritize client relationships and enjoy the personal level of attention we give them. We are not the normal "ticket, ticket, ticket" IT support shop. Proton likes to keep the stress level low, the fun level high, and the quality of life excellent for our team. IT Support is a commodity, AMAZING service is not!
Currently, Proton has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Network Engineer to join our Headquarters team in Raleigh, NC. Under the direction of the Engineering Department Manager, the Network Engineer is responsible for assisting our Service Desk Technicians with higher-level tickets (Level 2 – 3 escalations) with a focus on networks and servers. Through both virtual and in-person communication with employees and clients needing ticketing assistance, the Network Engineer must have troubleshooting experience and a passion for technical problem-solving.
Primary Responsibilities of the Network Engineer:
- Assist in solving and closing higher-level tickets in between the Service Desk and Engineering levels.
- Interacting with other third party vendors to assist in setting up equipment within our managed networks.
- Design, Implement and Manage all aspects of network infrastructure from the ISP down to the end user.
- Assist all departments with networking related issues, some may pop up in intra office slack channels or messages and need immediate attention.
- Act as a resource for the Project Team when needed in order to assist in scoping, implementation, upgrading or onboarding of managed networks
- Some server knowledge is required for this position, we expect that any candidate will be able to diagnose a wide range of issues not limited to networks.
- Must have at least 4-7 years of IT experience in a managed services environment or similar setting.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field is preferred.
- Seasoned with Ticketing Systems and RMM applications, remote management and monitoring systems
- Experience with various networking equipment such as Firewalls (Meraki, Watchguard, Fortigate, Cisco), Switches (Cisco, Netgear, Unifi, Aruba), and Access Points (Meraki, Unifi, Cisco)
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Active Directory domains.
- Direct Experience with Microsoft 365 and GSuite.
- Expertise with troubleshooting network connectivity, SD/WAN, Local LAN, Client VPN, and Site to Site VPN setup/troubleshooting
- Knowledge of best security practices, some compliance knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Servers lineup of products Windows Server 2003-2019 and most Windows Exchange Server versions.
- Server issues including but not limited to : Hosted and Cloud Exchange platforms, Server Data migrations (hosted Exchange to Microsoft 365, Spam Filters, Configuration with DNS Registrar, Server Upgrades, Disaster recovery Implementation and recovery, O365 Administration and support, VMware Setup/Administration and support, Hyper-V Setup/Administration and support, Internal Infrastructure setup and maintenance, Local and Cloud Backup troubleshooting).
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills (must be able to professionally communicate in a technical and non-technical manner to clients).
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness towards all projects.
- Reacts well under pressure, can think on your feet.
- Attention to detail, creating a high degree of quality over quantity.
- Ability to perform multiple technical tasks at one time (take multiple calls, send emails, perform remote sessions with clients, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments, with great attention to detail.
Sounds like a good fit? Apply today!