Proton Technologies, Inc. is a third-party IT services company that provides IT support and amazing customer service to over 200 auto-dealership clients across the country. We prioritize client relationships and enjoy the personal level of attention we give them. We are not the normal "ticket, ticket, ticket" IT support shop. Proton likes to keep the stress level low, the fun level high, and the quality of life excellent for our team. IT Support is a commodity, AMAZING service is not!
Currently, Proton has an immediate opening for a Full-Time IT Helpdesk Support Specialist based out of the Raleigh, NC area. Under the direction of the Helpdesk Manager, the Helpdesk Specialist is the first line of contact for all customers, and must be moldable to solving a variety of client issues with rapid resolution. Through assisting clients over the phone for a variety of technical needs, the Helpdesk Specialist must also have a professional and personable demeanor that will help strengthen client relationships.
Essential Responsibilities of the IT Helpdesk Support Specialist:
- Work one-on-one with customers via phone and guide them through troubleshooting of their technical issue(s).
- Thoroughly document the problem, troubleshooting steps, and resolution via Proton’s Ticketing System.
- Support client concerns through effective listening and a clear tone of voice.
- Collaborate and assist co-workers on particular tickets as needed.
- Help maintain accurate network documentation, diagrams, monitoring platforms, and alerts.
- Troubleshoot and replace failed computing hardware on both desktop PC's and laptop computers (motherboards, NIC's, video cards, laptop monitors, laptop keyboards, etc.).
- Work with troubleshooting switches, routers, and firewalls while maintaining a firm understanding of their roles.
- At least 2-3 years in an IT Helpdesk/Desktop Support role.
- High School Degree or General Education Degree (GED) Required.
- One-year certificate from a college or technical school a plus.
- Seasoned with Ticketing Systems, Local Exchange, and Email/Server Migrations.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Active Directory domains.
- Direct Experience with O365 and GSuite.
- Familiarity with VoIP Phone Systems.
- Expertise with printer troubleshooting (network and local), scanner troubleshooting (network and local), and wireless troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Servers lineup of products Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013.
- Knowledge of RMM software and Cisco (Meraki and/or SolarWinds preferred, but not required).
A PLUS to have…..
- A great attitude and eye for keen documentation.
- Works well in group-solving scenarios.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- A passion for making anything work under a deadline-driven mindset.
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills (must be able to professionally communicate in a technical and non-technical manner to clients).
- Ability to perform multiple technical tasks at one time (take multiple calls, send emails, perform remote sessions with clients, etc.)
Sounds like a good fit? Apply today!
Reynolds and Reynolds promotes a healthy lifestyle by providing a non-smoking environment. We also encourage applicants of all ages and experience to apply as we do not discriminate on the basis of age.