Proton Technologies, Inc. is a third-party IT services company that provides IT support and amazing customer service to over 200 auto-dealership clients across the country. We prioritize client relationships and enjoy the personal level of attention we give them. We are not the normal "ticket, ticket, ticket" IT support shop. Proton likes to keep the stress level low, the fun level high, and the quality of life excellent for our team. IT Support is a commodity, AMAZING service is not!
Currently, Proton has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Systems Engineer to join our team in Raleigh, NC. Under the direction of the Engineering Department Manager, the Systems Engineer is responsible for assisting our Service Desk Technicians with higher-level tickets (Level 2 – 3 escalations) with a focus on networks and servers. Through both virtual and in-person communication, the Systems Engineer also acts as a resource for the Projects team in the planning and deployment of new networks and infrastructure.
Primary Responsibilities of the Systems Engineer:
- Responsible for prioritizing, working, and resolving tickets in the Engineering Ticket Queue.
- Ability to resolve higher level questions and respond to escalated tickets from lower tiers.
- Investigate and implement resolutions for network and server errors
- Configure, deploy and troubleshoot Firewalls, Switches, and Access Points.
- Analyze existing systems and networks for efficiency bottlenecks and work with other teams to eliminate these bottlenecks.
- Ensure the highest level of availability for network and system resources, maximizing uptime.
- Serve as a resource for projects such as onboarding existing servers and network equipment.
- Must have 5 years of industry experience. (Previous MSP experience preferred).
- One-year certificate from a college or technical school is preferred.
- Seasoned in Exchange Management / Server Management / Migrations
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Active Directory domains.
- Experienced in VMWare and HyperV environments.
- Direct Experience with Microsoft 365 and GSuite.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Servers lineup of products Windows Server and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Comfortable with VoIP, VLANs, VPN, DNS, DHCP
- Knowledge of AWS deployments and networking is a plus
- Knowledge of RMM software and Cloud Managed Devices (Meraki and/or Connectwise strongly preferred, but not required).
- Ability to solve complex problems in a faced paced environment and diligently follow through to resolution.
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills (must be able to professionally communicate in a technical and non-technical manner to clients).
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness towards all projects.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Attention to detail, creating a high degree of quality over quantity.
- Ability to perform multiple technical tasks at one time (take multiple calls, send emails, perform remote sessions with clients, etc.) and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments, with great attention to detail.
Sounds like a good fit? Apply today!