Proton Technologies, Inc. is an IT services company that provides IT support and amazing customer service to over 400 auto-dealership clients across the country. We prioritize client relationships and enjoy the personal level of attention we give them. We are not the normal "ticket, ticket, ticket" IT support shop. Proton likes to keep the stress level low, the fun level high, and the quality of life excellent for our team. IT Support is a commodity, AMAZING service is not!
Currently, Proton has an immediate opening for a Full-Time IT Onsite Field Technician based out of the Miami, FL area. Under the direction of the Field Technician Manager, the IT Onsite Field Technician is the first line of contact for all technical concerns at a client’s location, and must be moldable to solving a variety of issues with rapid resolution. Through constant client interaction and communication, the IT Onsite Field Technician must also have a professional and personable demeanor that will ultimately strengthen client relationships.
Essential Responsibilities of the IT Onsite Field Technician:
- Present oneself as a physical representation of Proton at client locations
- Support onsite IT concerns through effective and efficient problem solving
- Collaborate and assist General Helpdesk on tickets relevant to the onsite location
- Coordinate open client communication regarding all software changes and upgrades
- Schedule client installations and projects with end users/vendors in a timely manner
- Guide new PC deployment, user set-ups, and printer/phone installations for new hires
- Troubleshoot and replace failed computing hardware on both desktop PC's and laptop computers (motherboards, NIC's, video cards, laptop monitors, laptop keyboards, etc.).
- Trace all network connectivity drops and revise accurate network documentation
- Work with troubleshooting switches, routers, and firewalls while maintaining a firm understanding of their roles.
- At least 3-4 years in an IT Onsite Support role.
- Use of a car and valid driver’s license required.
- Seasoned with Ticketing Systems, Local Exchange, and Email/Server Migrations.
- Firm knowledge and experience with Windows Active Directory domains.
- Expertise with printer troubleshooting (network and local), scanner troubleshooting (network and local), and wireless troubleshooting.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Servers lineup of products Windows Server 2012, 2016 & 2019 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 & 2019.
- Knowledge of RMM software and Cisco (Meraki and/or SolarWinds preferred).
- Direct Experience with O365 and GSuite.
- Familiarity with VoIP Phone Systems.
A PLUS to have…..
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills (must be able to professionally communicate in a technical and non-technical manner to clients).
- Works well in group-solving scenarios and enjoys assisting others.
- Focuses on efficiently solving conflict, not blaming.
- Has extreme attention to detail and reacts well under pressure.
- Strong sense of leadership and ability to initiate decisions independently.
- A passion for making anything work under a deadline-driven mindset.
- Accepts challenges and feeds on new knowledge and growth.
- Ability to perform multiple technical tasks at one time (take multiple calls, send emails, perform remote sessions with clients, etc.)
Sounds like a good fit? Apply today!