Proton Technologies, Inc. is an IT services company that provides IT support and amazing customer service to over 400 auto-dealership clients across the country. We prioritize client relationships and enjoy the personal level of attention we give them. We are not the normal "ticket, ticket, ticket" IT support shop. Proton likes to keep the stress level low, the fun level high, and the quality of life excellent for our team. IT Support is a commodity, AMAZING service is not!
Currently, Proton has an immediate opening for a Full-Time IT Onsite and Helpdesk Support Hybrid based out of the Lake Charles, Louisiana area. Under the direction of the Helpdesk Manager, the IT Onsite/Helpdesk Technician is responsible for being the first line of contact for all technical concerns at their client’s location, and must be flexible in solving a variety of issues with rapid resolution. When not at a client’s location, the Technician will also support remote Helpdesk duties through working one-on-one with customers via phone and guiding them through their technical issue(s).
Primary Responsibilities of the IT Onsite/Helpdesk Field Technician:
- Present oneself as a physical representation of Proton at client locations as well as remotely on the phone systems as needed.
- Support onsite IT concerns through effective and efficient problem solving.
- Thoroughly document client issues, troubleshooting steps given, and the resolution via Proton’s Ticketing System when on Helpdesk.
- Collaborate with the Helpdesk team on tickets relevant to the onsite location.
- Communicate with clients regarding all software changes and upgrades.
- Support remote client concerns through effective listening and a clear tone of voice.
- Help maintain accurate network documentation, diagrams, monitoring platforms, and alerts.
- Schedule client installations and projects with end users/vendors in a timely manner.
- Guide new PC deployment, user set-ups, and printer/phone installations for new hires.
- Troubleshoot and replace failed computing hardware on both desktop PC's and laptop computers (motherboards, NIC's, video cards, laptop monitors, laptop keyboards, etc.).
- Trace all network connectivity drops and create accurate network documentation processes.
- Work with troubleshooting switches, routers, and firewalls while maintaining a firm understanding of their roles.
- Must have at least 3-4 years in an IT Onsite Support role.
- Use of a car and valid driver’s license required.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in an IT related field is preferred.
- Solid Desktop troubleshooting knowledge.
- Experience with Ticketing Systems, Local Exchange, and Email/Server Migrations.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Active Directory domains.
- Direct Experience with Microsoft 365 and GSuite.
- Familiarity with VoIP Phone Systems.
- Expertise with printer troubleshooting (network and local), scanner troubleshooting (network and local), and wireless troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Servers lineup of products Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013.
- Knowledge of RMM software and Cisco (Meraki and/or Connectwise preferred, but not required).
A PLUS to have…..
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills (must be able to professionally communicate in a technical and non-technical manner to clients).
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness towards all projects.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Attention to detail, creating a high degree of quality over quantity.
- Ability to perform multiple technical tasks at one time (take multiple calls, send emails, perform remote sessions with clients, etc.) and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments, with great attention to detail.
Sounds like a good fit? Apply today!