Proton Technologies, Inc. is an IT services company that provides IT support and amazing customer service to over 400 auto-dealership clients across the country. We prioritize client relationships and enjoy the personal level of attention we give them. We are not the normal "ticket, ticket, ticket" IT support shop. Proton likes to keep the stress level low, the fun level high, and the quality of life excellent for our team. IT Support is a commodity, AMAZING service is not!
Currently, Proton has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Customer Support Team Lead based out of the Raleigh, NC Headquarters. Under the direction of the Helpdesk Manager, the Customer Support Team Lead is responsible for guiding IT Helpdesk Support Specialists through a multitude of escalated client issues and incoming tickets. Through assisting clients with a variety of technical needs while also leading team members, the Customer Support Team Lead must have an innate ability to multi-task and find quick resolutions.
Primary Responsibilities of the Customer Support Team Lead:
- Act as a point of contact for escalated Helpdesk issues, and pass up any urgent concerns to Collaboration Team/Helpdesk Manager as needed.
- Check in with all team members regularly and lead bi-weekly team meetings.
- Routinely complete and discuss annual performance reviews with team members.
- Alert the Helpdesk Manager of any and all client satisfaction issues.
- Handle any disciplinary actions necessary for team members with the Helpdesk Manager involved (as needed).
- Respond to any client or technician concerns with fast-acting issue resolutions.
- Thoroughly document client issues, troubleshooting steps given, and the resolution via Proton’s Ticketing System.
- Help maintain accurate network documentation, diagrams, monitoring platforms, and alerts.
- Troubleshoot and replace failed computing hardware on both desktop PC's and laptop computers (motherboards, NIC's, video cards, laptop monitors, laptop keyboards, etc.).
- Work with troubleshooting switches, routers, and firewalls while maintaining a firm understanding of their roles.
- Must have at least 3-5 years direct experience in an IT Helpdesk/Desktop Support Specialist role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related field preferred.
- Strong understanding of Ticketing Systems, Local Exchange, and Email/Server Migrations.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Active Directory domains.
- Direct experience with Microsoft 365 and GSuite.
- Familiarity with VoIP Phone Systems.
- Expertise with printer troubleshooting (network and local), scanner troubleshooting (network and local), and wireless troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of RMM software and Cisco (Meraki and/or ConnectWise preferred, but not required).
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Attention to detail, creating a high degree of quality over quantity.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness towards all projects.
- A great attitude and eye for keen documentation.
- A deadline-driven mindset with multi-tasking expertise.
- Ability to use innovation and creativity in problem solving scenarios.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills (must be able to professionally communicate in a technical and non-technical manner to clients).
- Ability to perform multiple technical tasks at one time (take multiple calls, send emails, perform remote sessions with clients, etc.)
Sounds like a good fit? Apply today!